Yell brings business listings content to Apple
Yell, the number one managed digital marketing service for local businesses in the UK, is now sharing its business listings content with Apple Maps. Users can search for business information such as addresses, phone numbers, website URLs, hours of operations, photos, ratings and reviews, and more, on Apple Maps on their iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Mac.
Richard Hanscott, Chief Executive of Yell said: "We’re very excited to bring the best business listings in the UK and local ratings and reviews to Apple Maps.
TV & Film Star James Nesbitt to Appear at Belfast's Victoria Square
On Friday 12th October, Hollywood actor and TV star, James Nesbitt will be making an appearance at the Victoria Square shopping centre in Belfast, to call upon local residents to support independent businesses in the area.
Yell.com - the UK's leading business directory is visiting Belfast as part of its year-long nationwide tour to encourage the British public to discover and support small local businesses.
From Reading to where Yellow Pages first began in 1966, Brighton
National insights overview
As a nation, we’re increasingly getting out and about, exploring our local area and finding new gems:
- We’re sharing our discoveries online more and more, with the number of tweets and Instagram posts referencing our finds growing at a rate of more than 50% year-on-year
- Sunday is our preferred ‘day of discovery’, with 16% of all local discovery shares happening on the traditional day of rest
- Westminster, Manchester and Edinburgh were the cities where the most local discoveries occurred in 2017 and two months into 2018, Westminster is still topping the table, followed by Manchester and Bristol
Our discoveries are very much driven by eating and drinking
- Social shares about discovering new local vegetarian spots have grown the most in the past year, followed by discoveries of local Thai, Spanish, vegan and French spots
- Our language around making local discoveries is incredibly positive, and increasingly so:
- Our use of the word ‘wonderful’ when sharing local discoveries grew by 270% from 2016 to 2017
- Our use of the word ‘cool’ when sharing local discoveries grew by 148% from 2016 to 2017
- Our use of the word ‘love’ when sharing local discoveries grew by 142% from 2016 to 2017