Having to stay late and eat dinner at your desk, receiving disappointing bonuses and enduring unnecessarily long signoff processes…
If you’ve made the leap from being employed in the corporate world to becoming self-employed and your own boss, you might identify with these five corporate work scenarios that you don’t have to put up with any more.
We’ve created a series of satirical images with the most tedious scenarios that commonly arise when you work for someone else, to highlight what you can avoid when you’re your own boss and work for yourself!
The images are based on real feedback shared with Yell by 1,500 small business owners on why they took the leap from being employed to running their own business. The research found that:
- 82% of small business owners see ‘being your own boss’ is the top perk
- 79% of small business owners told us they started making a profit in their first year
- 17% of small business owners claimed to have zero startup costs and a further 40% said it cost them between £1 and £1,000.
Click on the images below to view them at a bigger size, or contact email@example.com if you would like full-size images or further information.
You can also access the more detailed research findings from the survey on this page here:
1. Painfully slow signoff process
2. Waiting for the promotion that never comes
3. Unchallenging work that stifles creativity
4. Disappointing bonuses
5. Dinner at your desk