Each week, we throw a spotlight on a top Facebook page that deserves a big thumbs up. Pages featured here are making the most of what Facebook has to offer and can be held up as examples to learn from if you are a small business looking to get to grips with the social network.
These aren’t pages with hundreds of thousands of fans, but are ones managed by small businesses looking to use the platform in the best way they can for their particular business.
This week’s Star Facebook Page of the Week goes to Marshalls Pet Food Store Ltd – offering the very latest in pet products and bulk feeds, and with branches in Reading and Poole.
Why we think it’s a treat:
- Marshalls Pet Store has claimed a custom URL for the page, as it has passed the 25-fan threshold.
- The company has produced a ‘welcome’ tab that will display whenever someone new visits the page, with a lovely big ‘call to action’ prompting pet owners to hit the like button.
- There’s a nice depth to the page – photos are uploaded not just of products, but pets playing with the products out in the park – and there’s information on events that might be of interest to animal lovers in the area.
- …but when there are pictures of products without a pet, this is done with an interesting slant – for example ‘Officially the largest cat scratcher post in the world? Probably, that is why it is called “Fat Boy”!’.
- Here’s the dealbreaker. Marshalls Pet Store will put out the occasional special offer – for instance everyone who ‘checked in’ using Facebook on Valentine’s Day received a free pet treat – and will also post details of events taking place in store, such as a Guinea Pig Party that took was hosted recently by Marshalls. On top of this, Marshalls will respond very quickly to anyone who posts a comment on the page, giving the impression of an active page that is very much attached to the business itself.
Congrats on a great page!